Holy peppers. That’s what I can say about this week. But, honestly, I’m glad it’s not beets or beans. My parents are coming to town on Thursday, and then we’re heading to NYC for the weekend. Because of this, I’m glad we have a lighter week of veggies.
We’ve got: corn, bell peppers, tomatoes, squash, garlic, poblano peppers, some twisty hot peppers, and cucumbers.
Mystery peppers are intimidating. The CSA lady said they are sweet at the bottom and spicy at the top (not really sure how that works). The cucumbers look like they were picked days ago, which is kind of disappointing. But I guess you can’t win them all. Finally, any idea why the top of the garlic is so long? Am I supposed to use that?
Here’s what we’re eating this week:
- Poblanos stuffed with cheddar and chicken
- Potato, squash, and goat cheese gratin
- Chicken tacos with fresh salsa
- Cucumber blueberry smoothie
- Dill pickle chips or some type of refrigerator pickle
- Corn on the cob
- Greek salad
- Beet muffins (from last week)